Your Journey with LOWA
1. Warm-up using stick drills and band drills
2. Olympic Weightlifting Drills here we go through the skill specific drills, like the thai-chi of weightlifting
3. Strength ensure we have the basic primal strength needs to achieve our goals
4. Conditioning which is where we develop your specific strength needs
5. Skill Development is sharpening our skills at load, working on the main Olympic Lifts
6. Plyometrics are used to improve speed and power
What to Expect?
Olympic Weightlifting is made of 2 exercises, Snatch and Clean & Jerk. Here at London Olympic Weightlifting Academy we aim to give you the very best training to learn and excel at Weightlifting... Weightlifting will have a tremendous affect on your fitness and health, helping develop strength, tone, co-ordination, confidence and so much more... When you try it you will love it!
At LOWA we believe in training proportionality and ensuring we knowing our weaknesses and that we train to over come them in order to move towards our goals. The targets that we set our in relation to your Clean & Jerk target, which will be set by your LOWA Coach. There are a few elements that we try to keep in balance,
1. We regularly go through our Lifting Drills to ensure we are familiar with how we ideally want to move.
2. We need to ensure that we have the appropriate Strength to achieve our targets and needs, this also help keep good muscle balance.
3. It is important that we have the appropriate Condition to assist the finer parts of lifts.
4. We have to ensure that we can perform our skills under stress and load.
5. When everything is in proportion we then move towards achieving our snatch and Clean & Jerk targets.